Assignment #6 – The Mid-Semester Assessment Post

Walking into this semester, I had no idea what to expect. I changed my major about 4 times prior to communications technology and honestly, I was losing hope. As soon as I walked into my classes, specifically this one, I knew I was in the right place. I enjoy going to every class and doing every assignment in this class which is something I never thought I would say! I am able to dig deeper into my creativity and yet do what is expected. I really enjoy learning and having fun with it. Being able to digital story tell has completely changed the game.  I learned so much so far and its only mid way into the semester. What I have retained the most from this class is the importance of art and how it differs from person to person, yet it still unites us all . For example, using memes. This class has differently opened my eyes on how its such a universal language.  Art communicates emotions, societal issues, really anything in a fun way. From taking this class, I improved my ability in storytelling. Growing up, I absolutely HATEDDD any kind of English class. I was never good at writing. But in this class, I definitely enjoyed writing and storytelling. I am able to express weekly assignments in a unique way. Honestly, I never took into consideration how impactful a meme is. This class has opened my eyes on how important and revolutionary it is. Actually, just recently I just got a new job and for the training videos that every employee has to complete, the company added memes in every module and in every single page. Just seeing that not only made the training videos automatically enjoyable, but it made me forget about the anxieties I had walking in. Comparing this to my other job, when I first started and  was completing the training videos, it had no memes. Just text. It gave such a different energy whereas as soon as I was completing the tutorials with the memes, it altered the way I felt. Memes affect mood,  its strange yet super cool way of communicating and brings a universal unity. In regards to grades, I think I am maintaining an A- at least. I say this because I tend to forget to comment on other peoples posts which I am definitely going to complete as soon as I finish catching up on some assignments. Other than that, I genuinely do put so much effort in my post because its something I genuinely enjoy completing.  From where I first started. I see a lot of improvement especially in the storytelling aspect. As mentioned before, I hated anything that had to do with literature. I think I have gotten the hang off storytelling, even using a digital medium like giphy and my own work to execute what is expected. Truthfully, I have not been responding or commenting on posts since the beginning of the semester. But starting from now, I definitely am going too, especially because I want a really good grade in this class since I’m super proud of the work I’ve put out. Completing this reflection has definitely made me sit down and actually realize and reflect my progress so far in the semester. when we were first assigned this assignment, I didn’t really know what I could write about but now its clear that I actually have retained so much. I’m excited to finish this semester !

4 thoughts on “Assignment #6 – The Mid-Semester Assessment Post”

1. I like your dialogue, but what happened to your memes and hyperlinks? You should add them to add more flavor to your writing

1. Thank you, and yes, I surely agree with Pam, the dialog here is great and helpful, but where are the images and hyperlinks? We have been supporting out writing with embedded media like Images, Memes, Gifs, Hyperlinks and Video to further illustrate the narratives and engage the reader.
      Surely you want to add a bit more visual impact :))) – thank you so much!

2. Yes I believe so. As a future journalist, I have come to know that there are many veins in this arena. Hyperlinks are so important to clarify where my information stems from. Memes are an excellent way to describe a story depending on what the editor may require. This is just to name a few. You get the gist? LOL