Assignment #9 Hopped the Learning Curve

If you saw my previous post, you’d know that WordPress was quite difficult to use for me.

Why Does My Chromebook Keep Buffering? (Fix It!) | Platypus Platypus

The interface was quite foreign and complex to me and I was stuck for a while.

But I also said that I’d be able to overcome it and I totally did.

My goal was simple; my goal was to put my comic series onto the website and I did but it certainly wasn’t easy.

I had a hard time determining what the issue was. 

I kept hopping from theme to theme to find the right one to make my webcomic.

And I think once I found my theme, things started to finally move.

And it all started when I typed in a variety of phrases involving WordPress and Webcomics.  And I was greeted with a tutorial and a theme for my work. 

Toocheke was my theme and it matched perfectly with what I wanted. Immediately I had to erase a lot of my progress and start from scratch and I managed to come up with a website that I’m starting to feel pride in.

I updated my front page to show my most recent work and made a menu for my different series. Most importantly I imported my entire series to my website which was proof that I can make my own site to host my comics.

I felt really happy. I thought long-term about this decision. 

walt-jesse high five :: WRALSportsFan.com

If my work ever gets taken down or if any of the sites I host my work on just randomly shuts down, I now have a place of my own to go to. 

I don’t have to put all of my work on my portfolio site. I can put it on my own website and leave my portfolio as a separate entity.

I have to have a certain threshold of followers before I can get monetized but with this website, I can just apply for an Adsense account.

There are a lot of ways this website can make my life easier and I am so glad that I was able to get it to work.

1 thought on “Assignment #9 Hopped the Learning Curve”