CT101 Final Blog Post & Course Completion Information

Here we are in the final weeks of our Spring 2022 semester!

It is my intention to get things set up in advance to help and give everyone enough time to complete assignments, catch up and feel confident about our course completion. Most of us will be focusing simultaneously on finishing our website building project, as well as populating the website with blog posts and content, while others may be retroactively catching up on or revising blogging assignments and commenting. 

Video Tutorial on the Final Post Process:

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/Yyb5DVyYtKbWXQA6SD9wRYVuaoSxiMbhe-TOr9htwxdbvAJp1Q9SXJVfUavFwLkK.AVn-L98PLjrJ8GwePasscode: *8qs@Q6@

**Please read all of the information below carefully & mark your calendars**

Please e-mail me with any questions at – rseslow@york.cuny.edu

Please know, I am always here to help in anyway that I can. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. Please know, it is not too late to catch up if you are a bit or even far behind. We can work together but I need communication in order to help.

The last day of regular classes is Tuesday May 17th, I would like to use that class session to host a Zoom session from 10AM -12PM (this will not be a mandatory class) I would like to invite both sections of the course and for this to serve as a platform for those who have specific questions, need extra help with troubleshooting their websites and or helping with clarifying anything to help us complete the semester. (the zoom link info is the same as always) All of our class sessions and assignments have video tutorials that are recorded and added to the weekly blog post assignments on our class calendar page here.

**Final Blog Post Submission Guidelines**

Please make sure you follow each step below – it is really important to illustrate each retained skill and ability to follow the guidelines.

*Each student will write and publish a Final Course Reflection Blog Post.

You will publish the Final post to the CT101 website. You will e-mail the direct link of your final blog post to me – rseslow@york.cuny.edu – no later than Tuesday May 24th by 6 pm. 

***Please do not publish or e-mail the final blog post link to me before Wednesday  May 18th. This post and submission process is to be done during final exams week and serves as our final exam.***

*The e-mail subject of your final blog post will say: “CT101 Final Blog Post/Your First & Last Name”

I will confirm the e-mail by reply once I receive it.

Here is an example below for finding a blog post’s direct URL – (this is the direct link to the text you see at the moment in the web browser address bar at the top of the browser) The post must be published in order to copy it and paste it into your e-mail to me – it would look something like this below.

*Your final blog post is Mandatory, it serves as our final exam and final project and it must include ALL of the information stated below:

Your final blog post will be a detailed narrative and re-cap of what you have learned in CT101, and a reflection and assessment of what grade you have earned in our class and why you deserve that grade? (Yes, you must include this part, it is mandatory) 

What did you enjoy about our class and how you will apply your new skills into the world?

Will you maintain and keep up your new website? If so, how? If not, Why not?

Your final blog post should include a culmination of supporting images, GIFs, videos and hyperlinks to all of your existing published blog posts.

(pro-tip – you have already had practice with the mid-semester assessment post, think about this as “part 2 ” to that post)

Please let this post display the best of your skills sets learned and applied! 

**This post should be your longest and absolute BEST work.**

*Final Website Link & Description –  As a part of the final blog post each student will be sharing their new website URL (your domain name) it must be hyperlinked and you will give a clear descriptive tour of their website and share how the website is being used, plus share thoughts on your website building successes, frustrations and an over-all assessment of building and having a website. You must include a screen shot of each page on your website to support your website tour. Your website must be free of ALL default content and must have at least 4-6 pages, 1-2 new categories and should display a clear visual customization from the default template.

**It is Not Mandatory, but if you would like the opportunity to visually present your final blog post & website to me in person during final exams week – please meet me on Thursday May 19th or Tuesday May 24th @ 10am – 12pm –  in room 4M03 (same as previous in person classes) I will be there on those days and happy to meet with you!

*The Final Blog Post submission requirements as stated above are Mandatory, please let me know if you have any questions.

All questions should be sent to – rseslow@york.cuny.edu

Im here to help!