Digital Art Making and Creative Immediacy

What is..

Creativity is one’s personal creation or idea from their own inspiration or others to produce something by their own self.

Immediacy is the perception of physical and psychological closeness between communicators. I thought it would be something happening right away.

Intuition is your gut. Whenever you get a gut feeling about something, that is your body telling you about a situation or thing before you get the chance to physically figure it out for yourself.

In what order do these words go?

After taking a moment to think, being alive means living life. Some people are alive and not living- this is where things can get complicated in life because some people forget to enjoy themselves. It is not about your destination, it is about your journey. Death is inevitable and that is where we will all end up one day and life is too short to stress over the little things, not spending time with your loved ones, picking up the phone and calling someone you haven’t spoken to in a while, holding grudges and being angry. Negative energy does nothing but bring the person holding it down.

Sometimes life forces us to calm down. At the moment, I am appreciating life a little bit more because I’ve been sick on and off for the past two weeks and I think it is my stress manifesting itself into physical form. God is literally telling me to calm down and not overwhelm myself. I put this stress on myself because sometimes I feel like I can do it all, like I’m superwoman or something. I’ve come to realize that I’m not, I am a human being and it is okay to say no to people. I constantly get stuck trying to please everyone, be there for everyone and do so many different activities and I forget to take care of myself. I forget to tend to myself, appreciate myself and be grateful for what I have in front of me instead of trying to pursue one and a million things at once. I’m doing the best I can.

Space is ever-expanding and I don’t think our minds have the capacity to know how much of a spec we are in this universe. There are things in our existence that is bigger than us and smaller than us, just like situations we encounter on a daily basis throughout our lives. I think it is important to be cultural, open-minded, loving, genuine, mindful and empathetic. As humans we all have different abilities that we share with the world that has an impact (whether it be big or small) on the world but if we touch at least one life and change it for the better, it is still significant. Some of us teach, create art, make music, cut hair, are doctors, are nurses, are police, are firefighters, are cab drivers, are janitors etc. All of these “jobs” are just some of the significant contributions to our society and there are so many other subdivisions to each job that is just as equally important.

Currently,

I am in the multimedia studio where our class was held today and I am the last one here. Everyone left and yes, it is peaceful to have the time and space to myself. I can hear myself think and I can write this post without interruption and I can actually hear myself think. I can hear my body telling me to relax because as I’m writing this, I am relieving some stress. Writing is such a good therapy method and it is something that I haven’t done in a while. This self-realization could be considered healthy and I agree with it. I’m on the apple computer while my laptop is open next to me and my phone is playing my class because here I go again doing a bunch of different things at once. I do like being occupied because that leaves no dull moment in my life.

What are you passionate about?

I have multiple things that I am passionate about but in essence I love animals and I love playing sports. I am a dog groomer and it will soon make a year that I’ve been grooming dogs. I am a 2-sport varsity athlete, playing volleyball and softball.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to bet a veterinarian but I doubted myself and thought that I was too dumb to be an animal doctor. Math and anything math related is like another language to me and it is so hard for me to learn and grasp the ideas or formulas or numbers or anything else about it for that matter. I’m currently pursuing my bachelors degree in journalism and I’m expected t graduate at the end of this semester. However, after I attain my degree I do not wish to continue on my journalism career because I don’t love it. I’m so grateful for the learning experiences and the knowledge that I’ve acquired throughout the years but if I’m going to live the rest of my life working then I should do it for something that I am passionate about. I wish I had done it sooner but everything happens for a reason and with the ideas and plans that I have in my head, I might be able to use my degree but we’ll just have to see how this goes.

1 thought on “Digital Art Making and Creative Immediacy”

1. Oh, I just realized that you broke this up into two posts instead of one, thats a fun way to expand upon the assignment criteria!
    I love it!
    Great work on this!
    Add some dog grooming videos! :))