Project from DS 106

First fun project

This project caught my eye off rip because there’s not a lot of TV shows that I watch but I did fall in love with one. The Vampire Diaries is one of my favorite series to watch and I like that it has extended series to it and the story continues. I’ve re-watched it probably at least 3 times and I can’t wait to finish it to re-watch it again. I feel like every time I re-watch it there is something new that I’m learning about the show or things that I missed throughout the show.

For those of you who have not watched the show before, let me gladly introduce you to Damon Salvatore. He is my favorite character and he is very very handsome, I absolutely adore him. He is an impulsive character and he feels deeply even though he tries really hard to hide it, he will do anything for the person he loves at the expense of others. I think I admire his intensiveness because I consider myself to be intense too and I can just relate to him.

This is the big and bad Niklaus Mikaelson, one of the members of the original vampire family. In the show, he is predominately known as Klaus the hybrid. He is half vampire and half werewolf but the rest of his siblings are just vampires and the reason for that is his mother had an affair with a werewolf and they didn’t find out til later on. With all of this being said, it is obvious that Klaus is one of the most powerful beings in the show.

This is one of the main characters Elena Gilbert, in my opinion she is a walking tragedy. She’s lost so many people throughout the show and she also leaves a trail of broken hearts. Her character is interesting because even as a human, she is considered to be supernatural and you’ll find out why in a second.

This is Katerina Pierce better known as Katherine Pierce, she is introduced as a 500 year old vampire who ran from Klaus majority of her supernatural life because she betrayed him. Before any questions arise, yes it is the same actor playing two different characters and that is because they are known as the doppelganger. A doppelganger is basically a look alike from different generations but along the same bloodline. I find it funny how they distinguish the two by hairstyles, one has straight hair and the other has curly hair. Nonetheless, it is an interesting feat.

Out of all of the assignments “Design” caught my attention because it is usually not always a single picture. This flyer is a collage with so many different edits: a filter, words on the picture, streak design across the picture and both phrases on the picture is different font that is used. I really like the uniqueness of the flyer and the color pop. I might need to learn how to edit the photo, I think I can figure out how to do the collage portion of it. I think it’d be challenging for me to change the color of the people on the flyer and still manage to contrast the people from the actual flyer. The lines at the front of the flyer is a design that I’d have to learn too because it gives the flyer some liveliness to it and I would like to learn how to do that.

On another note,

I think these kind of assignments would be really fun to do because every subject has multiple assignments and it is to your choosing. Maybe at least 4 or 5 assignments should be done throughout the semester. Each assignment is a learning experience, learning and building emergent storytelling skills and retaining new tools to create them.

I think these skills are important to learn because we are in a digital age, people who are tech savvy get hired quicker than a person who is inexperienced with computer technology. People who are technologically fluent, they make the company they work for an easier, faster and efficient place to be.

1 thought on “Project from DS 106”