Domain Name To Be

I have been dreaming about having my own website for years. What has stopped me? Fear, mostly. But with the help of CT101, I know I will have the right tools and resources and I will succeed.

Although I am skilled in a numerous of things, my website will mainly consist of my writing, I just haven’t decided what I want to write about. I’m not clueless, just not sure. In our last class session, I shared that my biggest obstacle was being vulnerable and that is because I want to write about things unspoken, things that should be spoken about. The kind of “things” that we treat as normal, but aren’t, the things that keep us up at night.

What I have never thought about was a name for my domain, I suppose I just never got that far, but if not now then when. I aim to discuss the self that we typically suppress, whether it is due to dark thoughts or emotions, thus some possibly domain names are selfunknown, pleasedtomeetme, 1on1pillowtalk, monotalk (monologue), or midnightmono. What do you think?

I have thought of a solution for my fear, and it is a tactic often used by writers, to write under an alias until they have reached a certain point in their project/career. Some never give up their identity, I certainly would love to make myself known one day. After all, someone’s got to collect the credit. I don’t necessarily wish to avoid judgement, that isn’t my issue. Life has cruelly taught me to never let my guard down, but how can I ever make a change in the world if I don’t speak the truth many others carry as well. If not now, then when?

I don’t spend much time on the internet, but as for my favorite website, since 2008 it has been Tumblr. Tumblr allows one to express themselves in a range of ways and the best feature is being able to personalize and customize your HTML. Everything in my blog, the color, the borders, the spacing, the hover, has been personalized and chosen by me.