Assignment_Two_GIF_Narratives

Summary

Draft #4 - I added a Q and A dialogue to my post. Still adding more video uploads from YouTube and Vimeo and GIFs from GIPHY. Tomorrow I plan to create my first Gif from a video recording on my iPhone

(Click play button above to video effect, click here for Imgur link to video)

What did you think on the first day of CT101?

Bulb Blowing up = My brain, first CT101 class

Click here to browse or create on Imgur

I Did It Dancing GIF by think! - Find & Share on GIPHY

(click the above image for link on GIPHY)

Did you like hearing about the course and its creative content? How did it make you feel?

My inner self was having a happy dance, stoked to begin blogging.

Click here to start browsing for GIFs on GIPHY

Neil Degrasse Tyson Mind Blown GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

(click image above for link on GIPHY)

(click here for a bio of Neil deGrasse Tyson, aka the real Master of the Universe)

How does CT101 compare to some of your other classes so far? 

Professor Seslow’s discussion of integrating the latest technology into our course blew my mind compared to any other class.

The End Love GIF by Trippyogi - Find & Share on GIPHY

(click above image for GIPHY link)

I felt like I was gliding toward endless possibilities of creating exciting content.

(click above image for GIPHY link)

What are the creative potentials of this class?

The creative potentials are editorially endless.

(click above image for Imgur link)

For example, all of the new websites we are incorporating into CT101 so far have aspects of editing built into them.

Editing skills are vital in the creative job market these days

Learning new skills will also make students more valuable to employers. It means you are ready to work on day one and require less training.

It also shows that you are prepared to begin your new career.

(Click video above for a tutorial on the creative process through GIPHY

WARNING: Using the built-in editor tool for GIPHY may be frustrating.

Don’t be alarmed.

Tired Alarm Clock GIF by Serge Bloch - Find & Share on GIPHY

(click image above for link to GIPHY)

Private videos can be any video set to private on YouTube.

There are copywriting blockers installed. You may be prevented from editing “private videos.”

Suggestion: You can edit a video found on YouTube simply by copy-pasting and editing using the “clip” option built into YouTube. You will find “clip” under your YouTube video of choice, select scissors icon adjacent to “clip” tool. Use this to edit your videos within the YouTube platform. Then paste URL into the Commons blog. I tend to use the “add media” option and add the URL right there. There are many ways to do this on our blog post, but I have found using “Add Media” followed by “Insert from URL” to be the most intuitive. (click on GIF above for link to GIPHY)

It feels like wandering into a new creative world of endless possibilities.

This computer brings 90’s nostalgic vibes to me.

(click the above video for a demonstration of learning the basics of uploading on Vimeo)

Unfortunately, this video wasn’t editable through GIPHY gifmaker because it is private. Not a big deal as it is a short video.

(Click above image for link to GIPHY)

How do you feel about learning new skills that use Internet tools?

Nobody says it better than Biden.

It’s about time, FINALLY!!!

(click image above for gif link on GIPHY)
I created this gif using footage from the annual NYC Dance Parade
Select play above to witness a little variety while I experimented with gif making
Just a tiny personal plug, since 2017, I have worked for Dance Parade New York, a non-profit. I spend my days and nights organizing with different dance groups like the ones in my gif. Together each year, along with 10,000 performers, we create New York City’s largest dance event.

3 thoughts on “Assignment_Two_GIF_Narratives”

1. Great work on this!
    Thank you!
    I love the selection of thoughtful GIFs and the descritpions that go with each one!
    This post is a great example of thoughtful blogging that gives the reader a deeper connection into some of the contexts that surround the fun things that you are sharing! I love the use of images, gifs and video to do this, I have a great expanded insight into your sentiments and how I can also further my knowledge with the subjects, which are all super creative!
    Great work!
    More to come!

1. I will be sure to add a little more context to the memes and gif’s this week. I wasn’t sure about answering Q and A style. But I did think Q &A was a bit boring. I will be more creative this week and leave a little bit of curiosity for the reader. Also I will add the url to the actual image and site the original creator to images, memes and gif’s used in my post

1. Excellent!
        Forward we go -> thanks so much!
        The whole idea is to transcend the “basic assignment requirements” and craft them into personal reflective narratives for storytelling 🙂