My Final Blog Post!!!!

Its honestly so sad to see this semester go by. And CT101 is one of those reasons as to why. Thank you, Professor Seslow for making the class such an entertaining learning environment.

I feel like I’ve learned a lot because of CT101. Such as finally learning how to make my own animated gifs. I say “finally” because gifs was something I’ve known a lot about and something I use a lot. Especially when talking to friends. So being given the chance to actually learn how to make them for myself was amazing. I also learned the importance and convenience of hyperlinks. Being able to hyperlink things was something I also had no idea how to do before CT101. After I learned how to do it I eventually started using hyperlinks in most of my other classes. Not only this but I also learned a lot more and was given more insight about I already knew about. For example things such as copyright and its positive and negative affects on creators. And our professor even touched on things such as deaf awareness. Which was really interesting to hear about.

Here is one of the assignments that I have done throughout the semester that I’m most proud about:

Assignment# 2 GIFs

For me this course is so far really good. I was kind of skeptical about the course only cause the professor told us that a lot of people chose to drop the class only after the first session. I on the other hand loved hearing about what we would be learning in class and what my peers expected of the class. The professor seems like a really chill person and I am a fan of the types of assignments he has given us so far. Especially this one. I really like GIFs so its weird to me that I’ve never made a GIF before, nor ever thought about making one. Here are a couple of GIFs representing how I feel about the course and the things I enjoy about it so far.

Me in the first zoom session of the course hearing what we are going to be learning about and going over,

Me after finding out that we would be making our own GIFs and that the course could have a focus on animation,

Me after finding out this course doesn’t have a final exam,

Me after finding out that this course does not require me to purchase any books,

This was an assignment where we had to create our own animated gifs. This blog post was easily my favorite one to do and in my opinion, the best thing I’ve learned throughout the entire semester.

In terms of my overall grade and performance in this class. I think I deserve a low 80 or a high 70, (if that makes sense). I did a good job keeping up with work and assignments however, I feel like I could’ve done a little more. Like maybe participating more during the class sessions.

Finally, here is the link to my website.

http://galerasarts.com/

Before you go and take a look at it however, I wanted to inform you that you may or may not be able to access my website because I’ve been having problems with logging in to it myself.

But to talk a little about my site, I honestly don’t see myself keeping my website up for long term. This is because when I was making it I didn’t put too much thought into it. And pretty much did whatever I wanted with it (especially with the domain name) just to get by. This is because I had a hard time coming up with what I wanted my website to be about. Which was the main difficulty I had with making it. If I was to make a website that I would keep for the long term I would definitely want to put more thought into it. And make it somewhat professional.

Id like to end my final blog post with saying that I thoroughly enjoy this course. Learning and participating in a computer science type of class was truly a treat for me. And I cant wait to apply what I have learned in CT101 for other classes to come. Thank you again, Professor Seslow.

1 thought on “My Final Blog Post!!!!”

1. Thank You, Garrick!
    It was a great semester and you have completed good work here!
    Especially this final re-cap post! I love it!
    If your site is having a few issues at the moment – you can open a ticket with Reclaim hosting and let them know – (log in with your credentials and let them know your URL)
    Have a great summer!