My Passion Is Addictive

I found it difficult to think of something that i felt i was really passionate about. I instead though of this game that would take over my life almost the instant i found out about it. Yu-Gi-Oh! This game can almost be seen as a hobby for me. Now,  Yu-Gi-Oh! is a Japanese series created by manga author – illustrator Kazuki Takahazhi. He would create Yu-Gi-Oh! in 1996 as a regular feature in a Japanese magazine. These magazines would usually feature manga’s of many other well know Japanese series like Naruto, Dragon ball, Bleach, and One Piece. All very well know Animes ( Japanese Animation). The best way i can summarize Yu-Gi-Oh! is a series about a boy named Yugi Motou. After solving the millennium puzzle, it causes him to share his body with a spirit of an ancient pharaoh that only comes to life when playing his favorite card game. that game is Yu-Gi-Oh!

This series would then get a real life card game which was launched in 1999 by Konami. Then an anime would release in 2000. it would soon hit America in 2001 and the card game would come out a year later in 2002. Yu-Gi-Oh! would become increasingly popular throughout the years. Especially the card game, even achieving the top selling trading card game in the world by 2009.

Now that i have explained some backstory, i wanted to focus on the card game. i always knew about the anime because i saw it when i was younger. But recently i would find out about the card game through some friends in high school. I didn’t know how to play and i was afraid to try because the skill gap between a beginner and a veteran at the game was crazy huge. I swallowed up my fear and got into the virtual game of Yu-Gi-Oh! called Master duel. It was a simulator of what the actual Yu-Gi-Oh! card game is like. it included all the complicated rules and cards with paragraph of card text and confusing wording. For any new player, it overwhelming. For me, it took a lot of trial and error to even become decent at the game. The game is very competitive but also very inclusive once you start getting the hang of it. I only recommend this game if your both a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! and have a lot of patience. The game itself doesn’t teach you very well about how complex the game is, but if you commit, your in for a treat.

I like this game so much that i even starting buying the physical cards. its almost addicting. its sad that Yu-Gi-Oh! cards cost so much, otherwise i probably would have bough a ton just to get my favorite cards to use. I hope i can get more in the future. Overall, Yu-Gi-Oh! is such a fun game. You build a deck out of a variety of cards at your disposal in order to form a strategy to get your opponents life points to hit zero (as shown in the video below). A variety of cards can be really good but yet loose to cards that are considered bad. It all depends on how you use them, what strategies you implement, and how well you can pilot the deck. Its all skill and although its a challenge, it feels rewarding at the end.

2 thoughts on “My Passion Is Addictive”