Nadaysia Nivar- GIF ASSIGNMENT- #2

What did you think on the first day of CT 101?

Now being honest, coming into the class – I did not know what to expect. I thought the class would be overall just us learning about how to properly write on a site BUT it was such a plot twist to see how this will be a course where we use our creative mindsets to intertwine with what we are speaking on. I also think it’s super cool that our professor is deaf but he still makes the class fun and gives us a chance to adapt to our creative side!

Did you like hearing about the course and its creative content? How did it make you feel?

When reading that we will be working with gifs to incorporate in our story and how we tell it, I was so excited. With this generation, we use memes and gifs for everything and anything. It’s a form of language for us, ha. I think this would give my fellow classmates and myself included a new way to express when we don’t necessarily have the words to express it. I think this format will keep the class engaged and entertained.

How does CT101 compare to some of your other classes?

I can tell this is class is going to be way more fun than the rest of my other classes. As we go in, I am going to be learning how to use GIFS to back up what I have to say. I want to learn more about putting my creative side to use when doing an article or a blog on something. It captures the audience more. Most of my other classes are gonna be majorly on writing papers and giving sources and data. This class allows me to break into my creative side and show it in a more cool and fun way. This is more hands-on than most classes because you are doing it from scratch in a sense.

What are the potentials of this class?

Being a journalism major, I do want to enter the field more of technology and blogs. I want to be able to move through the internet smoothly and having a new way of expressing myself but still giving facts out. I want to come out of the class ready to bring a new way of blogging to the media in a different sense.

How do you feel about learning new skills that use Internet tools?

When learning new things, you are always going to be scared of failure and not doing something correctly but at the the end of it, I think I will be able to catch on to using the tools and use it in my own every day life and possibly in my career in the long run. I am ready as I can be.

To end this off, when picking where to use my GIFS, I went with Giphy. I think it definitely offered more creative gifs that I liked and the other one, imgur was a bit more basic. And something to get to know me: this gif is the energy to become the best in the game. A future modern journalist in the rising.