The Experience…

For someone who felt that registering their domain was a feeling, no one or nothing could ruin-I was oh so wrong. For a process that seemed quite easy if I do say so myself, I had a pretty difficult time. I went into the registering process excited and happy that my name was available and that everything seemed so simple. To my dismay, I was mistaken.

Everything was going smoothly until I saw the words promotion code. Thinking all I had to do was log into my email click copy and paste and yayyyy domain time was the first set of inconveniences. “Why is that?” You may ask. Well, there was no promotion/coupon code in my email. I knew this wasn’t the biggest deal knowing all I had to do was email professor Seslow and ask but when something that is supposed to only take 5 minutes to complete ends up taking much longer, it’s kind of a buzzkill. 

After receiving and inserting my coupon code and clicking complete order, I thought wow that was so easy. Now all I have to do is wait for my activation link. So I did exactly that. Waited. And waited. And waited. A day passed and I still received no email-not even in my spam. Maybe I signed up with my personal email I told myself knowing that was completely untrue but decided to check anyway. After receiving no activation link in my personal email (shocker) I then had to send out another email to Professor Seslow and then another to the reclaiming host help desk. Luckily, I received assistance in a timely manner and solved the issue. “Well…what was it?!” You may be thinking. That’s the part I’m getting to right now. APPARENTLY, my order never went through meaning my domain was never registered. Although it was frustrating to hear, I was relieved at the same time now that I could register again and make sure my order is complete.  

Nonetheless, overthinkersanonymous.net is officially a go and I couldn’t be happier. From that point on, setting up web hosting and WordPress was a breeze compared to registering. Overall, I’d give my experience a 2/10 for the registering process but I am confident to say that my blogging and setting up experience will be a 10/10.