The Flexibility Project- Assignment 4

There are many things I want to try in this class. I am not the best of the best but when it comes down to trying, I try to give it my all.

When visiting DS106 Assignment Repository I found many options of what two projects to choose audio, web, video and many more. I found all these options a bit over whelming but confident enough to find projects that inspire me. When surfing around I found myself drawn to the video, web and mashup sections.

It was hard to only pick two but I settled on an assignment from the web section called “Guess The Story“. Which in summation is about using gifs to tell a story but only using fives images. Which I found interesting because I like to find memes and gifs and I know for a fact I can use them to tell a story which you the reader could guess at least I hope.

A second assignment I think I could possibly due but not 100 percent sure is from the Mashup section. It’s titled “Music and Imagery“. Like any person I like a good mashup but do not have the sufficient knowledge to do it fully well. For this assignment you have two take images from your favorite movie or show and blend them together. While also layering on top the sheet music of a song you like from your favorite show or movie.

I haven’t learned a lot of skills when it comes to editing apps. Not in any other class have I been asked to edit so first I feel I need to get comfortable with editing to first successfully do these projects in a good easy. A way I feel I am becoming more understanding of editing is creating gifs on Giphy. I uploaded the gifs or memes I created for this class on giphy on the channel called juanc4rlos.

I think we should do three major projects in this class. I think three is fair because the first one should show how you are as a creator and how far you can go from a beginner. The second one is to show how you improved over the work you did the first time. Lastly, the third is to show how far you progressed as a newbie to a more understanding student creator. Three is good because it allows students to use many different skills to become better. It also allows for students to not do many projects that can stress students and cause them to not want to do it.

Now let us get started with Project Number 1. I am a very visual person and can find any gif to convey emotions so let’s see if you can guess the story.

(HINT IS IT’S A CARTOON SHOW FROM THE 2000’S)

FAMILY BEING TOGETHER

HAMBURGERS

IT’S A FUNNY SHOW

A NETWORK

REAL LIFE STUFF IN CARTOON FORM

Ok that’s it. If you can guess comment below I feel it’s very obvious.

8 thoughts on “The Flexibility Project- Assignment 4”