#7 Mid-semester Assessment

I can’t believe how fast the semester is finishing up. But so far this is one of my favorite classes, and I believe I am doing pretty good so far.

I have learned a lot!…and I mean a LOT through this course. This class has made me learn and do things that I never thought I could do myself. CT-101 really brought out the creative self in me. The greatest learned asset in this class is being able to photoshop and edit images.

The skills have I developed, cultivated, and displayed regularly in my posts?

There are quite a few, one is the photo editing skills like I said earlier, which was my favorite part in this class so far. Working on the DS-106 assignment was really exciting and enjoyable. I was able to develop some digital art skills through that assignment working on the movie poster mashup.  Another is the writing skills through these weekly blogs where I got to create GIFs and memes for the first time.

Reflecting through my posts, my first two posts are a bit too bland truth be told because I had no idea what I was doing.  But then in the third post, I did more research and started putting more effort into making it more readable. The topic was Are Memes Art? I had a few ideas in my mind on how to put it, and everything worked together in the end and I was REALLY satisfied with that post for the first time in CT-101. The topic itself gave me chance to stitch both historical pieces of information about memes, with the memes I created myself for the post. I think I was able to keep the blog fun, interactive and informational at the same time. The class had given me a whole new view of blogging where I have only been reading other people’s blogs on the internet before and now I got a chance to learn that for myself here at CT-101. Now I know how to blog! Yayyy! I know how to make GIFs and memes! and most of all I know how to photoshop and edit! which once I thought I could never do it myself. In this class, I take my time to post assignments, one reason is that I often feel insecure about my posts and I cannot post unless I feel a little satisfied, so I often do drafts and work along with time and modify them which had really helped me a lot. And yes, definitely I feel my blogging work had expanded over the semester from zero creativity to a level of 8 maybe if I rate it out of 10 and still gotta long way to go. These are all my CT101 posts so far :

1. Post 1 
  2. Post 2
  3. Post 3
  4. Post 4
  5. Post 5
  6. Post 6

1 thought on “#7 Mid-semester Assessment”