Assignment#4: Digital Storytelling Project Flexibility Part 2

For this project I choose the Ghost From Ds 106 Past to complete this project you have to go through the archives of the ds106 website (or search #ds106 anywhere on the internet) and recreate it to the best of your ability while still making it your own. I found an my inspiration on instagram a superimposed superman on an eyeball.

Going into this project I was a little intimidated because of my limited abilities in Photoshop. I begin looking at photo editing apps to see if I could do this. I choose the Bazaart Photo Editor and Design App its only available on iPad and iPhone.

The first thing I did was spend 20 minutes looking at eyes close up on google. This green one stuck out to me.

Secondly,  a tattered American flag (this art was inspired by a dream i had the night before)

Lastly, I wanted a good versus evil dynamic to my art and found this picture and loved it.

Now that we have our pictures lets get to work!!!

Step 1: I uploaded the eye picture on the app.

Step 2: Then I add the flag

Step 3: I have to get rid of that white boarder around the flag. On the app there is a magic button that removes it.

Step 4: I enlarged the flag, I manipulated the opacity of the flag.

Step 5:  I added the Good Vs. Evil drawing on top of the flag.

Step 6: I have to remove the black border on the image.

Step 7: I enlarged the image and adjusted the opacity of the image.

Viola! Here is the final product.

I named this piece Amerikkka

Pretend you are at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and you see my art. You read the caption write below it.  Heres what it would say

“Trump exposed the America we already knew existed” – WheelchairBae 🤘🏾 

The eye represents the prospective viewer. The green represents capitalism in which America thrives. The tattered flag represents the wars we started and how ancestors put in work for America to fit into their homes that never accepted them. The current state of America that refuses to address racial disparities. People who hate us often burn our flag as a symbolic hatred for the real people in power (Not Us). The child is next-generation forced to follow unjust laws and beliefs of ignorance, which caused a divide between good and evil. RACISM IS THE EVIL Unity is good. WHICH SIDE ARE YOU? People wear masks; Trump exposed the real racist out here. People aren’t afraid of being racist anymore. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN-Who was America Good too? Depends on perspective, The symbolism of trump not wearing his mask and catching coronavirus is the western view of “civilization” The need to save people who are different from others. The ignorance of not protecting yourself by wearing your mask from the virus exposing others to sickness is Very American. HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF. History is often told from the winners’ perspective now that the whole world is impacted. Everyone’s views matter now. WE NEED TO ADDRESS THE RACIAL PROBLEMS IN AMERICA ITS LITERALLY KILLING US ALL. 🤟🏾

3 thoughts on “Assignment#4: Digital Storytelling Project Flexibility Part 2”

1. This is awesome! Great project, how-to tutorial to teach others with powerful message! I agree 100% and serious props to you for always raising the awareness here on our platform!
    So much good stuff!
    Thank you so much for the hard work!

2. Wow! You really went far with this project. I like how you broke down every single step of the process. This makes me feel I should have done this project. Thank you for the great work, image manipulation is always cool.