Mid-Semester Assessment

How am I doing in CT101? What grade do I believe I am maintaining? 

I have enough self confidence in what I’ve done so far to know I’m definitely not failing. This may sound weird but I like to shoot for A- since it let’s me know I’m a couple steps shy of “perfection” and the A in my first name is technically supposed to have an accent. I’d like to think I’m close to my goal so I’d say I’m…

What have I learned the most? What is my greatest learned asset in this class so far?

My greatest learned assets so far are the trifecta of making gifs/memes, embedding video, and applying them to my narratives.

What skills have I developed , cultivated and displayed regularly in my posts?

GIF/MEME making for sure and simply applying visuals. Judging from my first post, up until my last, I’d say I’ve come a little way from knowing close to nothing about what CT101 has exposed me to.

How do I assess my performance through self-reflection in this class?

I assess my performance by looking at what I’ve done, thinking about what I’d like to do, and looking at what others have done and/or are doing. Taking all those things and knowing this class will set me up with my first domain where I can start working on ideas that I’ve been thinking about for years is the best way I can assess myself through self-reflection.

What do I know now that I did not know before taking this class?

How to take what already makes me happy, turn it into a gif, a comprehensive blog post, and more.

Do I see my weekly blogging work expanding creatively? If so, please explain –  or am I stuck in a loop where my posts seem to look the same most of the time, how will I change that?

I do see myself expanding creatively because that’s exactly what I want to do. I’m low key hoping, waiting for the right opening between life, my other class assignments, and this one to tackle another DS106 assignment to help me with that expansion. I say that because as much as I enjoy creating the perfect gif/meme. I don’t want to become monotonous creatively and I think tackling a couple different type of assignments will help with that. But who knows maybe between now and the end of the semester I’ll get caught up with anything else Prof. Ryan Seslow has in store for the class.

2 thoughts on “Mid-Semester Assessment”

1. Hey Angel

I checked your first blog compared to the latest one and I do see an improvement.
    I feel like you have a unique voice, if we had to publish our blogs without our names and had to guess who wrote what I think I can pinpoint your blog because of your tone and voice.

Good JOOOOB