Assignment 5: DS106

im back meme
ASSIGNMENT 5: DS106
HEY GUYS! I’m back with another blog post for the week! Yes, we are a bit behind but I am still going to give you 1000% effort and detail in the post. This class lets us be so creative that I never feel like I am bored when doing an assignment. So for this assingment, we were led to a site called DS106  that allows us to make different type of art work with instructions. This was just a super fun activity to do.
assingment animated gif
So starting off strong, I did my very own animated gif! This assignment was about making your own animated gif from any clip that showed someone celebrating too early. Y0u can find a bunch of clips like this from any basketball clips from the NBA or college basketball. With help of GIPHY, I was able to make my own animated gif super easy with three steps! So below is my very own animated gif of a 2009 NBA clip of Shannon Brown with an insane block leaving Kobe Bryant and the rest of his team in awe.
Shannon brown block
Now, as much as this clip was jaw-dropping, the mini athlete in me kept yelling foul so bad because literally Brown’s entire body pounced on the other guy. I never watched this game so I’m not sure what happened after but hey, if he ain’t get a free throw for the major slash he just got? Yeah, I don’t know how they got away with letting Brown do that Sugar Honey Iced Tea! But overall, this is my gif that I took out from an entire clip from Youtube that had jaw dropping moments like these. If you guys want to see more videos like these, you can most definitely click the link or watch this video below!
second assignment
For the second assignment, I have decided to take upon this one! I think I always seen these type of photos on social media where a certain quote is inserted that the audience can agree upon which I love! So I decided to make my own with a show that I have been obsessed with called Bridgerton. It is a series on Netflix reflecting on society life in the 1800’s and how marriage was back then. They have made a small prequel spin-off called Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story which opens up a bit more about the love story on the Queen and King George.
Bridgerton
While doing this assignment, it was super fun to just look for a good picture and learn how to add the quote and find a good font that wouldn’t hinder the picture itself. So this was very fun to do! So to give a little background about the quote that I showed, in the show Queen Charlotte and King George are having a heated argument about their love and how King George doesn’t think she deserves someone better and that he has too many issues and she says this line which I think the audience can agree was just so beautiful it had me in tears. He replied with a beautiful monologue as well with also saying “My heart calls your name.” Now I am romantic and I think this is so beautiful!
If you guys have not yet watched this show, please do!
But thank you once again for sitting through a post and my mind!

1 thought on “Assignment 5: DS106”

1. Wow, excellent work on this!
    Great selections of projects and the generating of the outcome!
    Would you revisit this site in the future for more inspiration and creative fun?