Assignment #8

The overall experience of registering my own domain wasn’t that hard. I was a little confused at first but then after I watched the video tutorial I understood what to do. First I had to go under the course schedule and figure out what my assignment was. 

Then I went on the website and checked if my domain name was available, which it was so I was able to use it.

Then I filled out all of my information like my name, school email, and things like that.

Then I went on Reclaim Hosting and did what I had to do there:

I then verified my account through my email.

Then I installed the open source version of WordPress.org so I could begin building my website for my domain name.

Then I did part 2 of the assignment and gave a summary of what it is that I just did.

7 thoughts on “Assignment #8”

1. Ok, all looks good until I got to the part where I see an image / screen shot for WordPress.com –
    I mentioned many many times in class and in the last two assignment blog posts that we do not use WordPress.com for installing wordpress. Can you please clarify,
    Did you install WordPress via the hosting platform the same way as in my video tutorials? If so, then great! If not, can you please share your active domain name in response to this comment for me to see.
    Thank you.
    🙂

1. OK – did you verify your e-mail address on the day that you registered the domain and set up the hosting account? Reclaim hosting sends an e-mail with a link to do this. Also, did you submit a ticket to them? Did they respond?

2. I did not get a chance to verify my email address on the day I registered the domain because I didn’t receive an email. I changed my email about two times and still I saw nothing to verify my account. I just submitted a ticket to them and I’m waiting on a response still.

1. Ah OK < this is why the website went down. If one does not verify the e-mail after 14 days, the site goes down.. (which has to be the same e-mail address that you used to originally sign up for the hosting account) – Sometimes its just a glitch and the verification e-mail goes to the junk /spam folder or it simply does not reach the user (which is really rare) but it can happen and we need to submit that ticket. Its good that you submitted the ticket :)), usually the response time from reclaim is very fast – especially if you include the domain name and that you are a student in CUNY. Keep me posted please, thank you so much!