Domain Name

I wanted to create a site about one of three things: Video games, building pcs, or my favorite subject, astronomy. Ultimately I chose astronomy because I felt that many people would be talking about gaming, and there’s isn’t much to speak of pc building anyway. 

Growing up, my family was obsessed with Sci-Fi. After watching films like “Alien”, “Star Wars”, and “2001: A Space Odyssey”, the thought of going into space completely infected me. Besides the fact that many things in the heavens are beautiful, astronomy reminds us of our place in the universe. It lets us know that our problems, no matter how serious they seem, are in the larger scheme of things, not that serious after all. It allows us to know, amid all the changes that happen at an increasing pace in our modern world, that some things remain the same.

The domain name is basically the name of a website. This makes it easy for users to remember the address of a site and access it with ease. 

Thus far, I have learned how to photoshop, hyperlink, create gifs, and create a website. It seems easy, right?

Picking a name that was unique and easy to remember was a little harder than I thought. After thinking about it for a while, I finally came up with five potential names.

1. mconeil.net
  2. mcroy.com
  3. the spacelogist.com
  4. outerworlds.net
  5. spacenews.org.

I think I’ll be going with the name mconeil.net because it’s simple it’ll be easy to remember. (after all, it is my name lol)