Final Blog Post

Finally, it is my last blog post on CT101, well you know what they say…

How do I feel? My heart is going to burst because it is full of rainbows, just kidding. But yeah I feel happy and excited at the same time. First off this is the very last assignment that I am gonna be submitting or doing not just for this course but as an undergraduate student at York College. Yeah, you guessed it. I am graduating. I would not have known about CT101 or been in this class if not for fulfilling the credits. Now, that I have been in this class for one whole semester I was wondering…

It was an amazing experience and one of my favorite classes of the semester. Like I said before a million times in my other blogs. I have learned a LOT through this course. This class has made me learn and do things that I never thought I could do myself. CT-101 really brought out the creative self in me. The greatest learned asset in this class was being able to photoshop and edit images. I was able to develop, cultivate and display a lot of skills throughout the semester through CT101 digital storytelling.

Analyzing my work throughout the course a few of my best works in the class were on Are Memes Art and DS-106. Working on the DS-106 assignment was so cool. I was able to develop some digital art skills through that assignment working on the movie poster mashup.  Another is the writing skills through these weekly blogs where I got to create GIFs and memes for the first time. Just reposting my favorite work of art in this class that I created using Photopea online editor remixing the movie posters Alien and E.T. with Stranger Things:

Now the most thrilling part of the class was… Of course, starting my own website The World Around Us; which I did not even expect I would get a chance to own and run by myself when I signed up for this class. Now, that I own my own website platform, I definitely want to use it in the best way I could. Currently, I am using my website as a platform where people could go in and enjoy reading some fun, interesting, and scientific facts in the world. My very first blog post on the website was on the topic: The world through the eyes of animals.

The world through the eyes of animals

My favorite blog post to work on was: World’s smallest animals where I got to research and create some interesting GIFs of small cute animals, at the same time write about them.

World’s smallest animals

My website is all about having fun reading and educating oneself at the same time. I love researching and writing about such unique topics.  But I might shift the ideas I work with now and expand them further. I am still stuck with a lot of ideas and ways juggling inside my head that I would like to convert my website in the future for professional uses. Finally a website owner!

The class had given me a whole new view of blogging where I have only been reading other people’s blogs on the internet before and now I got a chance to learn that for myself here at CT-101.  I think I deserve an A because this semester was pretty rough for me but I was still able to complete every single assignment works. Also, I know I started off weak in this class but was able to show a great deal of improvement throughout the course which I am happy with myself. Overall, this was the unique and most fun-filled journey that I had this semester. And I am glad I was able to make it to the very end of the semester even in the middle of these hard times. All thanks to Professor Seslow, for making this class so interesting and easy-going. Adios CT101 🙂

3 thoughts on “Final Blog Post”

1. Thank You so much, Anju!
    Wonderful work this semester! Such a consistent creative production of weekly posts and thensome!
    Keep going! As you can see, the regular practice helps us take more creative risks and be experimental!
    Nice work on your site too!
    Have a great summer!