Mid-Semester Assessments

By far this has been my favorite class this semester. Its an extremely organized, well compressed, clean-cut class, unlike others. As a student that never did their studies from home, this class was a huge reliever. One thing that I enjoyed learning the most Is how to make GIF’s . This was my favorite thing to learn and do thus far because GIF is animated art.

Your telling a story or a reaction through an animated and or moving picture of an expression made by various people. One thing that I am getting really good at is inserting hyperlinks, and making them open in another tab while keeping the current tab open. In addition, I’ve learned how to screenshot which is something I’m super excited about. Now that I’ve learned that I’m able to show someone what I’m talking about through an email with pictures and proof not just with words. This comes in handy when you want to explore different things yet keep several tabs open. The blog post has helped each student learn from each other. Many of us share the same ideas yet we are so different in the way we express ourselves through our blog post and our upcoming websites. One thing that gave me a hard time but I was able to struggle through and figure out was regarding my domain name and haveing my already existing Reclaim Hosting account connected to WordPress. I realized that when using Safari often times it does not update its software. This caused my domain name (deandrajohns.com) to open in Reclaim Hosting like this.  

This only happens when I type my domain name in Safari. After reaching out to Reclaim Hosting they notified me that my domain name actually does work and that Safari was outdated. As of right, this is how my Website looks, I’m still working on it and you will see the change as the weeks go on.

I am feeling inspired, yet motivated to keep pushing forward to finish my website I’m super optimistic to see how the finished product would look.

1 thought on “Mid-Semester Assessments”

1. Thanks so much!
    Glad to hear that you like our class so much!
    AH, reclaim hosting is the best! Glad to know that you have resolved that issue.
    Now you can dig into the customizing of your site!
    Keep up the great work!