The Finale?

⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️

Time moves fast, doesn’t it? I feel like I was just writing my first blog post on what makes me happy on the internet. Now we are all writing our final blog post after three months of digital storytelling. Looking back we did a lot of great work in our blog posts and the things we created.

Spider Man Wow GIF
Me trying to process where the time has gone. 😂

In this class, I enjoyed writing blog posts each week about myself and other classmates. My favorite blog posts were Week 1Week 4, and Week 5. These were my favorites because I felt like this is where I was most creative and I was really proud of the results. Each week challenged my storytelling, creativity, and writing skills. In the “real world” I plan on taking these skills I enhanced in this class and using them just in day-to-day life.  Every day in life you have to think creatively to solve problems. We are always telling stories whether writing them online or in person. These skills I have learned in this class will be used in good use. I definitely plan on using more gifs in texting, everybody is going to be tired of my gifs.

In this class, I learned . . .

• How to express myself through Blog posts
  • The use of Gifs, hyperlinks
  • How to use WordPress
  • How to create a website with WordPress
  • The Art of Digital Storytelling!!!

Check out all the blog posts I did this semster👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

Assignment #1 – What Makes Me Happy on the Internet?

Assignment #2 – Thank you, professor. 🤝

Assignment #3 – art Is memes

Assignment #4 – Music Mashup

Assignment #5 – Floating in Space

Assignment #6 – Its Mid-Semester Assessment Time

Assignment #7- Doname!?

Assignment #8 – My Domain Registration

Assignment #9 – WordPress Customizing Fun

Assignment #10 – Exploring WordPress

Assignment #11 – Checkin out Websites’

Notice how my blog posts have changed from my first to this one?😏

I honestly think I deserve an A- in the class. 

Why? 

I did every blog post assigned with 100% effort. I took a lot of time for each blog post and even went back to some to make sure that I was proud of the work. None of them really looked the same. You can see the progression of my work from the first blog post to the last. I definitely have progressed in digital storytelling. Isn’t that the purpose of this class? Then my creative works I did such as my mmm.page, my music mashup, and my website are great. The only thing I would say for myself is that I could have participated more in class and been more interactive in all the blog posts.

My favorite part of this semester in this class was hands down making my own website in something I am passionate about, Music. My website is for people to share music together. I personally share my favorite songs of the month, the concerts I go to, and my hot takes. Let me give you a tour. Come along 🙂

Welcome to JAIMUSLUX

This is the Home page when you first come visit the website

As you scroll down you get to my content highlights on the month
Dino game you can play while listening to the song of the week on the Homepage
This is the upcoming concerts I am going to tab
This is the blog tab. When you put your mouse over a box the Title of the blog post shows up. I’m not a big fan of this but I really like the website template.

Creating this website was not as hard as I originally thought. Professor guided us well with his tutorial videos on setting up our domain name, starting to build our website, and adding plugins. The only frustrations I really had were picking a template to choose from. they over 4,000 options to pick from. I searched for hours looking for the right one. I was obsessed with building my website because I was so excited. Building a website is no small task it involves a lot of work if you want it to be what you envisioned. Nonetheless, I love how it turned out 🙂

Now the question is will I keep this website up? 🤨🧐🤔

Hungry Good Burger GIF by Bounce
I’m not sure TBH

I REALLY want to keep up this website, I see great potential in it. The only thing that is would be holding me back from maintaining this website is if it actually grows a community that people would participate in. If I wasn’t able to get people to visit the website there wouldn’t be any point. My content may be better on social media platforms like TikTok or Instagram. Maybe I can grow an audience there and then direct them to my website. 🤷🏾‍♂️

What should I do? Comment below 😉

the get down salute GIF by NETFLIX
So long, farewell 👽

⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️

1 thought on “The Finale?”

1. Thank you, Brandon!
    Great work on your final post!
    This is a really nice reflection, with excellent supporting media, content and storytelling skills applied!
    Never fear sending anyone too many GIFS! We need more GIFS in the world! Lol!
    I really appreciate your hard work and practice in our class. You made creative revisions and pushed yourself to grow and expand.
    I love seeing everyone’s work grow each week as they are exposed to new techniques and skills. Seeing everyone customize and personalize what they learn is super inspiring! You have done this well!
    Im happy to know that you loved the web building project! Yes, there is a ton of value on this process and yes you can build a community around a website! You are right about social media though, the attention of the masses is on social media, but many people build community there and bring their fans and audience to their website for various things. This could be a more specified reason, like give aways and subscriptions, or just a place where there is less noise so that peeps can all participate with like minded others. Either way, its all learning and great practice! The Internet will change at light speeds as we go forward into the next 5-10 years!
    Thanks so much for the commitment to our class!
    Great work!
    Happy Holidays!