Assignment #6 – The Mid-Semester Assessment Post

SUMMING UP ALL MY PAST POSTS

So far I have done 5 assignment post which have been fun to make. I have had some rough bumps with a few but it’s cool that with these posts you can take your time and it’s your decision how you structure your idea.

My past posts have been:

1. What on the Internet brings me JOY
  2. How a GIF/JIF can show my opinions with no spoken words!
  3. MEME’ING THE WORLD!
  4. The Flexibility Project- Assignment 4
  5. ASSIGNMENT #5- CREATIVITY

How am I doing in CT101?

so far I feel fine. I have been doing all my posts it doesn’t feel too overwhelming having to do different posts each week. It’s fun to learn how to become more in tune with the world of communications technology.

How many points have I earned so far and what grade do I believe I am maintaining? 

i believe I am at a solid B+ or above an 85 to be entirely honest with you guys. I have been up to date with all my posts. I am commenting on two of my classmates posts every week. I do not want to say an A because there is always room to improve your grade and work.

What have I learned and retained the most?

what has really stuck with me is the use of memes. I am now fully involved in the meme world. But other than that I would say I have become more experienced using giphy and have learned how to create gifs/ memes.

What new skills have I developed , cultivated and displayed regularly in my weekly posts?

the skills i have developed is creating my first web page on mmm.page which was really cool. I have never had any creative control in designing things on the web.  I was able to create my first page titled juancarlos which shows some stickers depicting things I like. Thanks to the help of creating memes I was able to create my first page.

How do I assess my performance through self-reflection in this class?

i assess my performance in terms of if I am doing what is asked and if I am also using enough gifs on my post. I need to have many gifs because they help to get my point across more than just using words.

What do I know now that I did not know before taking this class?

i now know how to create gifs. I am able to have more imagination in terms of expressing myself in these blog posts.

I do see my blog post expanding because I add new and cool memes to express my points. I also try not to stay stuck in old ways because I cannot improve living in the past. So far I am not missing assignments which is great because I do not want to be behind because it can be hard to catch up. I am responding to my classmates because it’s good to communicate and hear feedback on what I or them can do to improve. I don’t really participate during class time because I am more of an observer but I will try to communicate more to improve as as a student. So far everything in this class has been cool.

6 thoughts on “Assignment #6 – The Mid-Semester Assessment Post”

1. Great work on this!
    I really love how you have listed and formatted your work, applied all of the skills we have covered thus far and also put it all into your own words.
    This is a great example of Digital Storytelling!
    Please don’t underestimate your hard and great work so far, you are easily well over the number of points that add up to an A! Your work has evolved each week and you are one of the top participants in the class!
    Forward we go! Keep it up!
    Thank you!

1. Thank you so much Professor. Hearing this feedback and appreciation on my work really makes me happy to be in this class. I have really tried to learn and try to be a better student and am glad that I am applying all the skills you have taught me so far. Thank You again.