CT101, THE FINALE

If I am being honest, I am very relieved that this is the last assignment I am submitting for this semester. And when I say this I don’t mean specifically for this class but, the semester as a whole. However, CT101 has been the best class of spring 22’ and I am so grateful for Professor Seaslow’s teaching style.

I had no idea what the basis for this class was going to be when I first registered to take it but, it turned out to be a really great learning experience. I was able to develop new skills in design and blogging. Iw as introduced to websites such as Giphy, Pixabay, Photopea, etc.  I learned the art of gifs and how to embed memes, images, and hyperlinks into our class discussion posts. In comparison to discussion board on Blackboard, the style of this class really trumps all of Blackboard

From learning how to use all these tools and incorporate them into our posts, I was able to build my own website. While it wasn’t the most strenuous of assignments, it was challenging. However, I cannot complain because in the end, it was the most rewarding. It allows for such much creative freedom and the fact that we weren’t restricted to following an exact layout was what made it so personal, and that more fun.

The creative challenge presented from this class was the most engaged you will find me in academic work. As I am almost near graduation, I am glad I was bale to take this class and have fun. Creative expression is something that never stops, and Im grateful with the fact that I was able to utilize that through this class.

My website is a creative space and the idea behind it is something I have always been wanting to do. I hope that I will have the time to keep up with posts and content, as I have a lot of ideas I want to touch on. 

Walking through my assignments, we can see how much more my skills have advanced as we progressed through the semester. Assignment 1 and 2 were the initial, getting our feet wet. We were beginning familiarized with each other as we introduced ourselves, familiarized with gifs and embedding. 

Assignment 3 at first was intimidating but, learning to make a gif was actually really fun. It was enjoyable going through my classmates gifs as well. 

Assignment 4 was also really fun. After creating a meme, I was like I could do anything. I chose the mashup assignment because I really wanted to express the Flash and The Office idea. I had a great time creating that post. 

With assignment 5, it’s really fun how, I was able to complete the task so efficiently because I took inspiration from the song I was listening to at the moment. It just goes to show how our creative outlooks can never be limited. 

Assignment 6 was the mid-semester assessment post, and while it wasn’t meant to show anything creative, we took as a time to reflect back on how much we have come so far. At the point in the semester I was hoping for a B but I wasn’t the most confident. I was having fun and learning a lot about gifs and hyperlinks, but my activity in participation made me worry. 

Assignment 7 was getting out feet wet with developing a website. I was really stressed in general at this point of the semester so the idea of developing a website made me worried. However, we took it one step at a time (Thank God) and I think overall, everyones websites really came together in the end, including mine. 

Assignments 8, 9 , and 10 are all an extension from assignment 7 as we continue to develop ideas for our websites/posts and find new ways to navigate around word press. 

And finally, we have assignment 12, where we were able to explore our classmates websites. It was great way to adopt new ideas and also just appreciate everybody creative freedom. 

In all, other than my yoga class 3 semesters ago, CT101 was a great experience in all my years at York. If I was to grade myself, I would give myself a B or B-. As I’ve mentioned on my mid-semester reflection, I felt that I could participate more in class. But now, as we come to the end, I have decided to go back to my classmates posts and leave comments to show that I am engaged in everybody’s wok, and really do enjoy reading through them all. 

Final Website Tour and Description:

Fateema’s Website

My homepage is titled “TheDays I live.” I titled it this in the hopes of it explaining the flow of my website. I want my audience to take inspiration and enjoy the little things in life, as well as, find ways to make their life a little easier.

I have hyper-linked my first blog post on my homepage. I wanted to start off with talking about how I like to stay  and plan out my schedule. And from that I want to move on to my various routines and the activities I like to participate in and how I like to stay organized.

I got rid of my contact page for now and instead I have displayed photos that I find fit my aesthetic. I also included a quote that I feel best represents the way I want to express my lifestyle through this website. 

I am having a lot of fun, challenging myself with the creative side of the designing my website. I have not gone too deep into my post just yet, but it is coming. For now, I see my website as a draft, and knowing mw it will never be perfect because I will always find a new idea on design, but I think it is safe to say, it is at a great point right now. I plan to further develop this in the summer, and with new travels, I want to include writing about my future trips. 

Thank you Professor Seaslow, and thank you class <3

1 thought on “CT101, THE FINALE”

1. Thank you!
    Great work on your final post!
    I really enjoyed the flow and style of your storytelling here, (thank you for the kind words too!)
    You have completed great work this semester and I appreciate your commenting spree here in the grand finale of the semester! This is the beauty of the web, and how we can participate in online communities!
    Your blogging expanded throughout the semester and you website is looking great!
    I think you undervalued your grade assessment and deserve a higher grade!
    Thank you!
    🙂