The Mid-Semester Assessment Post

Happy Spongebob Squarepants GIF Am I a good noodle? Have I accumulated enough gold stars to get the grade that I want or better yet the grade that I deserve. I think I’m doing good in CT101 and I feel like I am flourishing in this new environment.

To Do List GIF by UQ SportI believe I am maintaining an A in this class. I always do each assignment to the best of my ability. I always try to read and comprehend each blogpost carefully before jumping into an assignment. Comments from Professor Ryan go from “Good work” to “Great work” to “Excellent work.” Here are all the assignments I have completed:

Assignment #1

Assignment #2

Assignment #3

Assignment #4

Assignment #5 

Happy Cheering GIF by bluesbearMy favorite takeaway from CT101 so far is the ability to express myself. I’ve learned how to communicate through memes and images while also creating a storyline. Which I believe is essential when you are trying to have a media presence. Your audience has to be engaged and follow your story with ease.

I’ve developed skills such as using photoshop and the ability to make gifs. Giphy has become one of my favorite tools and I even use it outside of class for my personal use. One of my friends even asked me to show them how to use it. I regularly display the usage of gifs on my posts and I also make it a point to hyperlink outside material. Just to add a little bit of spice.

I always comment on classmates posts and read their post thoroughly, what I comment always has some substance and insight. However, I am definitely not commenting on enough people posts. It is something I need to work on, I should put more effort and comment on more peoples post.

Before taking this class I did not know what it was like to have creative freedom in a classroom. Saying that almost feels like a contradiction. I also wasn’t aware of all these websites and tools that are available.  I did not know how to use photoshop but this class forced me to dip my feet into it. I was intimidated but I’m glad it’s something I gave a chance.

Overthinking Nuclear Explosion GIF by Fran Borzea

I definitely see a difference in my creativity from the first blog post compared to my most recent one. I’ve been hyperlinking material more, adding more visuals, making everything more cohesive and flow better. I feel more comfortable being myself allowing my creativity to be more free.

1 thought on “The Mid-Semester Assessment Post”

1. Well said, stated and listed here!
    Thank you so much for the consistent work, you are right on track and have made an accurate assessment!
    I really appreciate your active participation with the class, commenting and sharing your views.
    I love this GIF at the bottom of the post!
    More to come!