Assignment # 11 – Final Post Assessment & Reflection

Well, my fellow classmates it has been quite a journey with all of you this semester, wouldn’t you say?

trevor

What I have learned are how to embed a video url onto a blog post and using hyperlinks to direct my classmates, professor and others to my source of information such as a link to a gif or YouTube video. I have also learned how to make my own memes on Giphy.com and Imgur.com as well as how to create my own domain and making my own website with the domain name. 

The blog posts I had done are assignment #1, assignment #2, assignment #4, and assignment #5, assignment #6, assignment #7, assignment #8 and assignment #11 which is this final post. Now that it’s the end of the semester, I feel like I would earn a B or a B+ because I haven’t been able to make up/finish my drafts for the other blog posts/assignments which I thought I would have been able to do if the other classes I was taking this semester wasn’t so hard and all over the place.

Im sorry

I have truly enjoyed our class and what I enjoyed specifically about our class is that we were able to use gifs and even embed videos into our blog posts which makes it a use your imagination, creative skills  and freehand/freeuse rather than a one specific way type of class which I extremely love.

yeah

Since I learned how to build a website, I don’t think I will be able to maintain and keep up my new website because I feel like it is too time consuming and frustrating to come up with something to post at least once a week as well as it feels like a huge responsibility.

too much time

So, my new website called Hardstylemotivator.com and I will give you guys a tour of it. First is the about page where I introduce myself and the direction/purpose of my new website.

About page

Next, its the movie gallery page and here I talk about the amazing movies I have watched that are also my favorite movies because of the cinematography or film score.

movie gallery

Then, I made a video game gallery page where I discuss what the story or plot of the game. I also labelled the games under the console/system they fall under which makes it easier to tell on what console you can play the game.

Video Game Gallery

I have also created a music category where I talk about the genres that I listen to the most and give some explanation of why I love or listen to it so much and I also put all the music related blog posts into this category.

music

I have made one more category called Tv shows/series for which I put any type of tv show that I have watched and feel like people would like to watch as well.

Tv series

The last one is the contact page which I offer my contact information such as my email and phone number to answer any sorts of questions or concerns about anything related to what I had posted on my new website.

contact

My thoughts on my website building successes are I feel is going great because of the decision of making my background the cover/poster of the movie “1917”. The background I had put makes my new website that much more professional and interesting to view and visit more often. I feel so proud that I made this decision and especially the content/information that I put into categories and pages that I strongly feel that people my age would like to read/view since its entertainment like movies, video games and binge watching series.

professional

But that doesn’t come with some frustrations. I was getting sooo frustrated over what sort of content I should put on my website in order to make it somewhat interesting as well as what gifs I should use that aligned with what I’m saying.

angry

Overall, I’d say that the experience of building and having a website was exciting and crazy at times, but it was worth it because I like to see the result of my new website or anything new to me no matter if I had frustrations or not and also I like anything that is digital or include entertainment information that I can work on or use.

Thank you so much Professor Seslow for everything you have taught me in this amazing and cool class.

1 thought on “Assignment # 11 – Final Post Assessment & Reflection”

1. Thank You!
    Great work here and across all CT101 criteria this semester!
    I like how your website it coming along and you must keep it going!
    You are a natural GIF / Meme curator!
    SO much great work has been shared and completed this semester, many thanks!