Assignment 5: Flexibility coming

After a little break, I am back and ready for the action.

Time to get started

This assignment I chose will bring me  out of my comfort zone and I am ready for the challenge🙂.

I had chose this post called “making  a simple program” to make a simple code using the language Python.
I am somewhat familiar with python but here is the actual definition and a little  tutorial to see it visually🙏

I remember the days where I was confused and couldn’t understand programming🥲. Even though I still am considered an amateur, I am better than I was sometime ago.

Here is my proof🙂

This is a quiz program game that I have been playing around with. The bottom section is the terminal testing the program. The code editor I used was visual studio code.
If your answer is right, then the program will tell you its correct, if not then you will have to start over and try again. Hopefully you get it right next time🙏
Assignment #2
Another assignment I took an interest in doing is wait for it….. this
I would like to do this one because adding different Gifs to a tv show to especially a show that is great can add more nice things that can make a show more enjoyable to watch🙂.
Thanks for this, Until next time🙏

assignment 5

Greetings readers, classmates! After seeing this week assignment for week 5 i thought it was fairly intresting because it was trying come to a conclusion on what to choose.

I choose to make this one because it is the month of October which means halloween is right around the corner!! And who doesnt like halloween?? Spooky fun and spectacular!

This video is depicting a ghost is is very much like halloween and my course # of the class im taking.

I think we would get familair with these websites and such.  They are great tools we can use in our everyday lives i do think we will be using them throughout the semester for sure. You can use it to tell your stories.I choose the baby yoda because that is one thats trending and is really cute.I think these skills are not only useful but important because it gives us a run down of how fast we can create/ use a pieceful tool and incooperate it into out daily lives.

assignment 2

Is a blur out version stating express youself 2023 meaning stay true to your self and dont get caught up in a world that can be corrupted by negativity

What i used

Photopea.com

gify.com

canva.com

Photopea is similar to photoshop but not as much but same aspect.

Assignment #1: Functional Internet: Umar Kashem

There are many things on the internet that allow us to discover. The internet gives us the opportunity to discover and find out new things that we’ve never seen before. Personally, the internet is something that I use everyday and nowadays people rely on the internet like never before. For example, e-commerce businesses are online virtual stores that people are able to run through the internet. So for those people, the internet is a critical part of life. 

The internet allows me and most people to find things that I’ve never seen before. For me, using the internet is like a tool that helps me with day-to-day tasks. For example, I am able to attend most of my classes online because of the internet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVV_93mBfSU&ab_channel=Code.org
Aside from using the internet as a day-to-day tool, I use the internet for many things that I enjoy. I like to watch YouTube and Netflix using the internet. I am able to research things that I like doing such as finding new places to travel, how-to videos, and purchasing unnecessary things that I’ll probably use once. But as we move from a more digital world, the internet is a necessity instead of an option. People use the internet for multiple reason like said before for e-commerce, fashion, sharing important documents, reading the latest new.

happy

What is making me happy this week is youtube. I usually spend most of my time on youtube watching content creators play games such as DBZ Dokkan Battle, and Brawllhalla.  Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle is a free-to-play mobile game based on the Dragon Ball anime franchise. Developed by Akatsuki and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.

Dragon Ball GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Brawlhalla is a free 2D platform fighting game that supports up to 8 local or online players with full cross-play for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS5, PS4, iOS, Nintendo Switch, and Android. Climb the ranked ladder from Tin up to Platinum and beyond! Matches you against players near your skill level. https://www.youtube.com/@Brawlhalla/videos
And last but not least the thing that is making me most happy this week is the Kansas City Chiefs won the super bowl over the Philadelphia Eagles!

Lets Go Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

what’s making me happy this week

Happy Family Day

Through their love, support, and acceptance, families offer a place of solace and safety. Happiness is sparked and lifelong memories are created when you spend time with the people you love. Examine these seven advantages of family time. Fortunately, I’ve picked up a few tips on how to manage my obligations while strengthening my relationship with my family, regardless of the circumstance or time of year. Despite being a busy dad, consider some of the ways to spend time with my family.

https://youtu.be/NgqKH3Sl16I

The joyful energy that family time brings into my house and life is contagious. The strength of family ties endures and profoundly affects well-being over the course of a lifetime. All family ties, whether between siblings, spouses, wives, or generations, have an impact on the family’s well-being.

Spending quality time with my family is a powerful way to relieve stress and boost my mental health since it gives me the energy I need

Assignment#7- My Domain

♣                                 ♣
A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority or control within the Internet. Domain names are used in various networking contexts and for application specific naming and addressing purposes.

♦This is a couple domain name ideas  I was able to come up with.
  • KingdomOfGaming.com 
  • NoGameNoLife.net                   
  • GameTime.com
  • Retro Realm.com                                             
  • ConquerDestiny.com
  • Sport X.net
  • Game on.com
  • ConquestAthletics.com
  • ArenaSports.net
  • MetroSports.com
  • GearUp.net
    My domain name will mostly be based on what my web page is about, which is Gaming, sport and Art.

♥What is the main use of domain?                                                                                                                                                                                  Domain names serve to identify Internet resources, such as computers, networks, and services, with a text based label that is easier to memorize than the numerical addresses used in the Internet protocols and also it serve as primary business location of your company. People search for your products and solutions by visiting your website. 
    ♠ Why a great domain name makes a difference?                                                                                                                                              Domain name will provide an online identity to your business. People will search using your brand name on search engines like Google, Bing, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Pinterest. Your brand name should be a reflection of your values, goals, mission, products and services and the overall industry domain.
    Domain names also provide a great number of options when it comes to branding and marketing of your services and products. Visitors have better connection to your brand when you are using your domain name.

What a meme

Are memes art?

There’s a big debate on whether or not memes are art but art is all about creation, we’re are at a day and age where creation can happen physically or digitally. I found on the internet that memes aren’t validated as art because it is used for laughs but that is still an emotion. Other forms of art bring out a different emotion. Some people awe at art, cry, smile or feel inspired. Although, memes cannot be classified as classic art it is still art nonetheless.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it but art is also interpreted by the viewer and the viewer can have any opinion on the work of art, so relatively speaking it is the viewer’s discretion. If you’re looking at the definition of art, memes fall under that category and I feel like people just don’t like to accept things that are new. There is a debate online and people really sit there and say memes are not art but there is no proof or validation as to why it’s not. I just feel like if memes fall under the definition of art then it fits to be considered art.

Are memes good or bad for communication?

A conversation is a form of communication because there is speech and dialogue. Cavemen told stories with pictures and art on cave walls, the Egyptians use hieroglyphics and deaf people use sign language. There are so many different forms of communication. GIFs and memes are considered to be a graphic form of communication. It is found that memes are a good form of literature too since they are universally understood, can be created by anyone and spread quickly.

Some people communicate with just emojis through text so who are we to discriminate memes? Memes are new and a little unorthodox but it gets the job done and it can spread messages: political, informational, promotional, etc. Communication is an interaction and we as humans interact in so many different ways, memes just make the conversation more engaging and enjoyable.

Are memes simply just forms of self-expression? or are they more?

Memes are definitely a form of self expression, revealing the creators feelings, intentions or message they are trying to convey. Memes are just another creative way to self-express. There are so many different images at the creators disposal and depending on the image, the message will write itself or the creator would divert their attention on whatever they write on the image. Memes are a form of escapism. Memes are also more than what meets the eye or what people might think them to be. I just feel like memes sometimes receive a negative connotation because they are short lived but I think that’s the beauty of memes they are everchanging and there is never a boring moment. Every meme is unique and interesting.

Can memes be used for storytelling?

Memes can definitely be used for storytelling, it is just a visual way of doing it. Online platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. are how the average person creates and shares content. A person’s profile can tell a story of their life, the platforms have a “story” that lasts 24 hours because it tells of the person’s day/night which tells a story. People in production when they’re in the planning process of a shoot, they use a tool called a story board which is a series of images or drawn images that tell the story that they are trying to depict. A meme has many different uses and definitions which shows how versatile they are.

Favorite meme of all time

I like this meme a lot because I empathize with the meme. Whenever anyone says something dumb, this is my reaction. When someone asks me a question that I don’t know the answer to, this is my reaction. When the teacher calls my name but I didn’t raise my hand, this is my reaction. I feel like the puppet is saying “What?” Just imagine the different ways “what” can be said, a tone can change the context of “what” but no matter the context, this image still fits the description. Memes can be created so easily, with just a click of a button.

Craft a meme

Creating a narrative with memes

This class is communications technology: Digital storytelling and memes is visual storytelling through technology thus making it digital. In today’s day and age, there is a lot of political conflict, climate change, police brutality, racism, discrimination and other injustices that effect my way of living and those people whom I care about. I feel like since memes are trendy, their messages spread quicker to various different audiences. Memes are a versatile tool when it comes to people understanding the picture. Anyone can create a story and anyone can create a meme, all is possible.

Assignment #4 digital story telling.

Assignment #4 digital story telling.

My first project that I would like to do is the writing assignment on DS106, and the second type of project that I would like to do is the design project, also the one that I think I could do by myself would be the animated Gif assignment since I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to Gif and how do they work, and my last media type that I would like to learn but I have not manage to do so, it’s coding which we have a coding assignment on the DS106 page, the reason why I choose the writing assignment and the design assignment, it’s because writing a story is one of the basics things that you have to do in order to tell a story to an audience of people who will probably read the story, and the reason why choose design it’s since I’m going to write a story I will need a way to tell the story and how to make it feel real or make the reader feel emotions reading the story.

The amount of project and assignment that I think I would be doing in this semester, using my writing and design skills on CT101 are going to be about roughly 5-15 assignment in my opinion, and really do think they are important because that’s the only way for me to communicate the things that I’m thinking in a the best way possible, sure there is a lot more of ways to communicate but writing and designing a writing style, are the skills that I have used the most since High School.

As you can see having a design and a style adds more details and it makes the story a bit more complex, but at the same time understandable and easy to read.

What Make you Happy on The Internet?

(Assignment #1) What I like to do in the Internet?

The first activity that I like to do in the internet is making some sick beat using patatap. Patatap is fun, and it’s a portable animation and sound kit. With the touch of a finger create melodies charged with moving shapes. They  even have matching visuals to complement the sounds, so I just Jam out with friends and have a good time.

2. The second activity that I like to do in the internet is Photoshop picture online using pixlr. I Just go on and manipulate my photos and make my friends look fat. It’s a classic!. It’s easy really to Edit photos and create stunning designs right in your browser, on your phone or desktop.

3. The third activity that I enjoy doing the most in the internet is  creating video or gif using Movavi video Editor plus. To be honest there’s multiple websites I like to use, but I prefer using  Movavi because it’s a really easy to use interface and comes with an impressively wide range of built-in effects, audio, graphics, gif, text, etc. 

4. My fourth activity is soundscape. I Just like to mix and match different rhythms, beats, and melodies to come up with my own lo-fi music. The best part is that you don’t even need any musical knowledge. Just select your sounds, relax, and keep the music on loop for hours while you browse through these other websites.

5. The Fifth activity that I like to do on my free time in the internet is drawing using infinite painter. Personally speaking Infinite Painter is one of the most advanced painting website (app). you can dock nearly any tool to the main interface, easy access, and it offer the best balance for everyday  artist.

Assignment #1: What makes you happy on the internet?

THE MET BALL: COSTUME INSTITUTE BENEFIT 2021  

I am going to be very transparent with you all. I LOVE FASHION. This week I spent too much time refreshing my phone with anticipation waiting for each look from this year’s costume institute gala also known as the MET Ball.The Met gala could be viewed on any digital platform, from social media to print media and of course Youtube.  The MET Ball or MET gala is originally hosted on the first Monday of may. This year the biggest night in American fashion was held on september 13,2021 due to covid-19. FortunatelyThe night was still as spectacular. For me the best part of this event is seeing guests (the individuals invited to participate at the MET gala) interpretations and execution of the theme of the gala.  The theme of this year’s ball was In America: A Lexicon of Fashion, which is meant to focus on all the emblematic figures and identity in America. 

Although some looks were a little bit odd and hard to understand…… 

(left)Image of Kim Kardashian wearing a fully covered black Suit by couture Balenciaga. 

(Right) Image of ASAP Rocky Wearing giant quilt by Eli Russell Linnetz Spring 2022 collection   

Most of the looks from that night were absolutely breathtaking and the viewers/ fans instantly understood the inspiration and appreciated the artistry of each glown/look 

(Top left ) Hailey Biber wearing black figure-hugging full length gown by Saint Laurent 

(Top Right) Amanda Gorman wearing a royal blue gown by Vera Wang. This gown was inspired by the statue of liberty 

(Bottom) Billy Eilish  wearing nude tulle gown by Oscar de la Renta 

I also love gowns/looks that create conversations and illustrate a political statement. What do you think she is advocating for?

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York wearing a custom Brother Vellies ivory wool jacket dress and the message “tax the rich” in red across her back. 

Ultimately, I believe fashion is not to be taken so seriously, it’s just fun and sparks some joy into people’s lives. Please give me your favorite look!

Internet Happiness

Growing up, I played basketball my whole life, and there was a constant community I immersed myself in through competition, but as I grew old, I became more and more disconnected from the sport, and my social networks shifted. The internet but more specifically the app/website, The Score, has allowed me to regain touch with my passion for basketball and sports by allowing me to keep up with the latest NBA news, join small group chats and track live scores throughout all Sports. Overall, I feel like old interests are coming back through the refreshed lens, which makes me happy! 

The video above shows the new features and retouch of theScore UX and UI.

DS 106

When it comes to the DS106, I know the 2 projects that I can do and would like to do.

This is the fanfic assignment. I had picked this one because I used to/ still kind of write fanfics. Not only is this something I can do, but it is also something that I have done. I wrote stories in high school on my own time. I would even jot down some ideas that I had during lunch and write them down when I got home. So I think that I would be able to do the fanfic assignment given here. 

For this assignment with tina, I think I would be able to do this well. While I do not have specific tv shows that I can call my favorite, I can definitely do it for other shows. I can take in the anime shows that I have watched and use my favorite ones to give me ideas. Tv shows I can think of that I can use would be the big bang theory, family feud, and probably futurama. 

The radio assignment is one that I would be willing to try. The reason I picked this one specifically is that I thought it would be very interesting to me to learn how to do a commercial back in the ’80s. When I read this and heard to put some background music and/or sound effects, I thought about the different effects from the shows I used to watch. I do not know what exactly I would use for sound effects, but I would try something creative.

Are Memes Art?/ Feelings for CT101 Assignment

This is exactly how I feel about this class. Lol I hope my computer science Professor doesn’t see this. This class incorporates the communication portion and development of current computer knowledge whereas computer science focuses on the business portion of spreadsheets and portfolio development, which was also very useful however very monotonous.

As much as I’ve enjoyed my academic experience in college, aside from my major there were not many classes that encouraged the expansion of my creativity skills until my final 2 semesters. CT101 and Photography will definitely be those 2 elective courses that explored the fun and entertaining portion of college. A class made FOR its students, especially uplifting during these difficult times.

First things first rest in peace Uncle Phil. This meme is hilariously on point. I currently do not have a reason to get up early everyday and leave home and my current sleep schedule is going whack a mole. No matter how much I sleep I’m always tired, coffee is now my bestfriend, send help pls lol

Are Memes A Form of Art?

Memes are used in our everyday lives just as much as some of our household appliances. But the question raised as to whether they are a form of art or not– is up for debate. To me, even before researching, my answer to this question would be yes, but I couldn’t say exactly why before giving it some thought. By giving this question some thought, I “thought” to myself, “Well, what is the basic definition of art?”

A quick Google search defines art as, “the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.” The phrase “creative skill and imagination” and “beauty or emotional power” stood out to me, because any form of art can conceive this– including memes. To my knowledge, memes are mainly used for purposes of amusement; to get a laugh out of them. Isn’t laughing brought up by what you would call “happy”  emotions? Doesn’t it take creativity and imagination to create some of the most whimsical memes? I believe so!

Here’s my proof from the research I did on “Are memes a form of art?” (Interpret it however you may):

“Choosing the right template, deciding whether to make it a video or an image, the arrangement of panels, the cropping, what text to add — these are usually what sets apart hilarious from funny,”

Chloe Caparas, a Customer Service Representative, crafts her own memes, not to share in a page or in a group, but to share on her private profile. ‘Whenever I think about something funny or what I think is witty, I create memes, by that I can share my thoughts with people that’s why I enjoy making them.’”

Luigi shares the same sentiments, saying, ‘Whether sharing memes or making them myself, it allows me a way of expressing and sharing things I find funny in a creative way as opposed to posting statuses that we often find boring or obnoxious.’”

–Excerpts from Clozette article, “Are Memes The New Art Form Of The 21st Century?”

Here are some of my own memes that I created:

Pandemic fatigue be like:

Also pandemic fatigue:

But seriously, who thinks we’ll be online again in the fall?

Hope you get the reference 🙂 (I know it’s corny, but it’s the best I could do with a Miley Cyrus meme)

One of my favorite memes, that originally wasn’t known as a meme by pop culture. Another reference that only 90s/ early 2000s kids would get. (Hint, hint,– procrastination)

What Makes Me Happy

To be quite frank, not much of anything on the internet makes me happy these days. I TRY to avoid it and focus my attention on the things I want and have to do for myself. However, from time to time, I find myself looking at images of kittens, dawning over getting one.

via GIPHY 

I found this GIF on GIPHY, it’s a GIF of a cat, (although not a kitten), jumping headfirst into a bank of snow. I chose this because the snow is the second item that’s been making me happy lately. Seeing the snow-covered ground and houses along with the silence of the night when the snow has fallen is something that’s really pleasant to me. It’s what reminds me of growing up in New York during the winter and it’s delighting to see after we had a mild winter with no snow last year.

Posted by @mtanyctpic, photographed by @eugenearmer on Instagram

Linked above is a picture I found on Instagram of a snow-capped B train traveling through Brooklyn. This particular stretch of the line always looks satisfying when the snow blankets the open-cut trackage.